Beneficial outcomes for the health of water ecosystems are being sought, in sites associated with participant responsibilities. In addition to identifiable environmental outcomes, contributions to policy development will be sought in the countries concerned, as well as contibutions to systems for integrated governance and management.
· Contributions to policy development, governance and systems for integrated management
· Development of an ethic of collective, shared responsibility for environmental outcomes
· Intermediate meetings may be held locally to support participant projects
· Ongoing support for project undertakings to be provided by steering committee, as agreed
· Dissemination of material pertaining to the project in ways relevant to participants. This might include local –level material or publications, academic publications, multimedia presentations
· Filming is being discussed, with a view to a documentary resource.
· An edited publication from contributors is to conclude the project.
The latter point is to highlight innovative ways of working, to find ways to engage actively with indigenous world views at all levels, including governance, and to support a world view in which human interests are ‘decentred’ in favour of regard for the fullness of the biodiversity of the living world.